Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Harlan Grove

Default One line of list show up in different sheet

"liseladele" wrote...
I'm sorry...I didn't explain clear enough. I need a function like the
vlookup function to return information from the selected line of a
list. So that in Workbook1, Sheet1 I can type Smith in cell A1 and if
in a list in Workbook2 on Smith's sheet, account 54321 is selected it
will return that account number into cell A2 in Workbook1, Sheet1.

You're using different workbooks (files) or just different worksheets in the
same file? It's unclear from what you've written.