Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Hague2

Default Financial Functions

Hello, I guess we're not on the same page. I realize you're making monies
with the appreciation (on paper), but I still would like to know the formula
that includes all the criteria I listed. I can see the monies being
distributed in an Amortization table, would this work about the same? I'm
trying to decide how long to hang on to the property. Thanks again, Nita

"Fred Smith" wrote:

It depends what you mean by breakeven. To an accountant, you are making money
from day one because the appreciation on the property ($533/month) is greater
than the operating loss ($100/month).

If you mean something different, let us know, and we'll help you calculate it.

Fred

"Hague2" wrote in message
I have an investment (property) that I want to know when I will break even on
(and start making a profit)? For example:
Property Value $80,000
Appreciation Rate 8%
Loan Amount $76,000
Interest Rate 6%
Loan Period (Years) 30
Negative Cash Flow (per month) $100
Down Payment 4000
Closing Cost (included in the loan amount) $5000

Can you help me with the proper Financial Function to use? Thank You