nic

actually I did try the help first but I couldn't find the answer so posted here

we obviously can't all be as perfect as you

"Don Guillett" wrote:

You didn't try help first, did you?

EDATE
See Also

Returns the serial number that represents the date that is the indicated
number of months before or after a specified date (the start_date). Use
EDATE to calculate maturity dates or due dates that fall on the same day of
the month as the date of issue.

If this function is not available, and returns the #NAME? error, install and
load the Analysis ToolPak add-in.

How?

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"nic" wrote in message
The formula I'm using is
=IF(C3="","",EDATE(C3,(D3*6)))
and instead of producing the required date its giving me a #name? error

this worked absolutely fine in Excel97 but not in Excel2003 and I can't

work
out why

Has anyone got any ideas?