Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Brian Thompson via OfficeKB.com

Default average last 17 cells (variable)

Jerry W. Lewis wrote:
Copying off the net is not the same as copying from Excel. You either need
to describe what you expect the cell to do, or point to the web address where
you got the formula, because it is not clear what you are up to, and the
posted formula does not work and does not give the error that you report.

Jerry

Sorry Jerry, think I gave a bum steer on my first posting. I did get this
formula off the net. and it was for column average of last numbers, I

[quoted text clipped - 16 lines]

Brian

Thanks Jerry for being so patient

I have to average the last n cells in a row. I have already go the
spreadsheet designed and the result is required in C3. All the data ifor the
averages is to right of this cell, D3,D4 D5 etc. I input new data each week
in the next blank cell. I would prefer it if cell A1 would hold the number
for the adjustment

Hope I have explained it ok

Regards

Brian