Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Niek Otten

Default R1C1 reference style

Well, for some kinds of applications it is just easier to understand.
If you have a financial projection, one row per month, 200 columns wide, and
the first cell of each row, the start value, is the end value of the month
above, you get a formula like
=EndValueMonth R[-1] (Endvalue of the row above)
Which is, I think, easier to understand than
=EndValueMonth 14:14 (different in each row)

I must admit though that, since this format (which used to be my favorite!)
is so rarely used, I tend to give up.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Peg P" <Peg wrote in message
I know how to get rid of it now - maybe not permanently, it seems to come
back as a default at times. But does anyone know what it's actaully used
for?