bpeltzer

Default Links to other workbook

That's what the vlookup function does. If you enter the number in cell A2,
for example, the equation in B2 would be
=vlookup(A2,[FirstWorkBookName.xls]Sheet1!A:B,2,false). (Substitute your
name of your master list file for FirstWorkBookName, and change Sheet1 and
the columns as necessary).

"Lolly" wrote:

Using Excel 2000, and with a list created of two columns consisting of a
number as text in the first column and a corresponding name in the second.

In a new workbook, I need to enter one of the numbers in a column, and then
in the next column have the corresponding name automatically entered when I
press Enter.

Is this possible, please?