Ron Rosenfeld

Default Excel, date

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 15:11:01 -0800, "Chris"
wrote:

I have on cell that has an original manfg. date 1/1/90 (this date will
change) the next hydro date is either 3 or 5 years depending on the date.
prior to 1/1/91 cylinder must be done every three years and after 1/1/91 they
must be done every 5 years. I am stuck on the formula asd I have it now
=IF($D$3<B16,1095+D3,1825+D3) any assitance would be of great help.
Thnaks

You can write a User Defined Function in VBA that will do this.

<alt<F11 opens the VB Editor.

Ensure your project is highlighted in the Project Explorer window, then
Insert/Module and paste the code below into the window that opens.

You can then use the formula

=NextHydro(mfg_date) to compute the next hydro date.

============================
Option Explicit

Function NextHydro(Mfg_date) As Date
Dim Three_Five As Date
Dim Intvl As Double

Three_Five = DateSerial(1990, 12, 31)

If Mfg_date Three_Five Then
Intvl = 5
Else: Intvl = 3
End If

NextHydro = DateAdd("yyyy", Intvl, Mfg_date)

Do Until NextHydro = Date
NextHydro = DateAdd("yyyy", Intvl, NextHydro)
Loop
End Function

--ron