KevinB

Cool, that worked! Thx!

Now, my next issue. The formula you provided;

=INDIRECT("Sheet"&$A$61&"!$C$2")

still has the cell reference "A61" so I have to hard code the "61." Can I
reference the "A" column for the current row? Therefore, I don't have to
type the row number?

"David McRitchie" wrote:

Hi Kevin,

INDIRECT Worksheet Function
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/indirect.htm
and
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc2.htm

=INDIRECT($A$1 & "!$E$2)
---
HTH,

"KevinB" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I have 100+ worksheets. I have formulas that hard code those worksheet names.
Such as the the simple formula: =Sheet58!$E$2

I would like the "58" to be generated from cell (i.e. A1 has a value of 58)
so I can have a formula that like:

="Sheet($A$1)"!$E$2

What is the correct syntax? I tried INDIRECT, but could not get it to work
..