V-ger

Default Sorting Issue. Please help

OH, MY GOSH! Your add-in works like a dream. Thank you everyone for your
help. This add-in is great for novice users like me. I will someday be able
to understand formulas a bit better (soon, I hope) but for now, this add-in
is a great short-cut and works fast. THANK YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP. V-ger

"Jim Cone" wrote:

V-ger,

I think you will find that even if you convert all the data to text
that 22 will sort ahead of 3.

My Excel add-in Special Sort can sort on the numbers in a text entry.
(there are 4 different ways to get a true numeric sort order)
It has over 20 different sort methods not readily available in Excel.
They include sorting by...
color, prefix, middle, suffix, random, reverse,
no articles, dates, decimal, length and others.
It comes with a Word.doc install/use file.

It is - free - just email me and ask for it.
Remove XXX from my email address.

Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA
XX

"V-ger" wrote in message ...
How can I sort by a row of numbers with mixed formats? I have numbers such
as 1, 2, 3 and 10, 22, 27 and 11-A, 20-D, 34-D etc. Currently, no matter how
I format the cells, they sort by first number, then second, then the numbers
with letters (1, 10, 2, 22, 27, 11-A, 20-D etc.). I can't seem to find a way
to get the column to sort by the actual value (1, 2, 3, 10, 11-A, 22, etc.)
Please...any help you can give me. Thank you.