V-ger

Default Sorting Issue. Please help

Still not sorting correctly. What am I doing wrong? It's better, but the 3
still comes after the 22-A. Two issues...first, does the cell format need to
be "General" or "Number" or what? Second, when I type the formula you wrote
below it didn't work, but when I copied it from your post and pasted it in,
it worked as a formula - is it equals, quote, quote, ampersand,
cell-address-of-the-cell-to-the-left? Thank you so much!

"Ken Wright" wrote:

Convert everything to text. Assuming your data is in Col A, then in Col B
use

=""&A2 and copy down. Then copy and paste special as values and delete Col
A. Now sort on your data as you wish.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

------------------------------Â*------------------------------Â*----------------
------------------------------Â*------------------------------Â*----------------

"V-ger" wrote in message
How can I sort by a row of numbers with mixed formats? I have numbers
such
as 1, 2, 3 and 10, 22, 27 and 11-A, 20-D, 34-D etc. Currently, no matter
how
I format the cells, they sort by first number, then second, then the
numbers
with letters (1, 10, 2, 22, 27, 11-A, 20-D etc.). I can't seem to find a
way
to get the column to sort by the actual value (1, 2, 3, 10, 11-A, 22,
etc.)
Please...any help you can give me. Thank you.