Mladen_Dj

Default how do I turn off requesting scan when opening Excel (Office XP)

It's not Excel process, but from your virus scanning software. Open your
antivirus software, and in properties/configuration search for office
plug-in or something similar, and turn it off.

"chuqui007" wrote in message
Whenever I start Excel, it takes awhile as a message appears in the status
line indicating "requesting virus scan". I have three trusted add-ins
which I
use which contain macros, and have reduced macro security level to
"lowest",
but cannot stop this action from occurring. Any suggestions would be
greatly
appreciated.