Debra Dalgleish

Default New sheets using excel templates

Yes, sheet.xlt would be used if you choose InsertWorksheet in any workbook.

Instead, assuming your sheet template contains only one worksheet, you
could right-click on a sheet tab, and choose Insert.
Select your template, and click OK.

jok666 wrote:
High Debra. Thank you so much for going out of your way to answer my query.
One qustion though. Won't sheet.xlt be a default sheet for all excel files I
open? I would like to have a custom template for occasional use only. The
rest of the time I just want the usual blank worksheet.

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

If you want new sheets to be inserted with the same settings, you can
create a sheet template.

Follow the steps for creating a workbook template, but:
-- create a workbook with only one sheet
-- save as Sheet.xlt

jok666 wrote:

I've made a sheet template in excel. When I open a new file using this
template, sheet 1 appears as formated. But when I go to insert a new sheet,
a normal blank sheet appears as opposed to the expected formated one. Any
ideas?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List