mcgradys

Default curve fitting a charging capacitor type curve

Hi all,

Newbie to this forum, but need some excel help. I have collected a
bunch of data from an object as it heats up. The curve is very similar
to a capacitor charging current curve. In my case, manually trying to
approximate this curve, I come up with a formula of y=
(rise)*(1-exp(-time))+ambient. Is there a way in excel to fit a curve
like this or do I need an aftermarket solution? I need something that
will use the data points and perform calculations to determine the
curve.

Thanks,

Sean

--