Gord Dibben

If file protection you will need a password to open the file.

If workbook protection you will need a password to unprotect the workbook.

Should be fairly easy to determine which it is.

If workbook only see http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html

If file protection do a google search or an Internet search for Password
Crackers.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 09:40:06 GMT, "Tim Zanor" wrote:

we terminated an employee for wrong doing and have found out he password
protected an excel spreadsheet file
that we need is there a way to get around the password protection other
problem is I'm not sure if its just the file he protected it may also be the
workbook any information would be a big help