David McRitchie

Default Alternate Color Lines when using Custom Views

If it acts like filtering and you have all cells
=MOD(SUBTOTAL(3,$A$1:$A1),2) for alternate row banding
requires all cells in column A to be used in the rows not hidden by filtering..
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel....htm#colorband

Should be simple for you to test, I don't know what view actually does.
---
HTH,

"GLT" wrote in message ...
Hello Everyone,

I used the following code in the Conditional Fomatting dialog box to acheive
alternate colour lines:

=MOD(ROW(),2)=1

This works fine, except when I choose a custom view, the alternate lines do
not re-color themselves and I get blocks of one color or another - looks
messy...

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks