Brian

Yes, I believe I have done all of that. Perhaps the problem is that I don't
have a formula in the cells, it is an msn stock quote web query. Maybe the
conditional format does not recognize that?

Just to confirm, my worksheet has linked values in cells a1:g50. In column
D, I would like to hide all "#VALUE!" messages. I have selected all cells in
column d and set conditional format to "formula is", =iserror(a1), and font
color to white. This is still not working. Thanks again.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Did you select al the cells, change the condition type to Formula Is, and
the formula to the first cell in your selection?

--

HTH

RP

"Brian" wrote in message
I tried your suggestion, unfortunately did not work.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Try using conditional formatting with a formula of =ISERROR(A1) and a

font
colour of white.

--

HTH

RP

"Brian" wrote in message
Sorry, I don't understand your response? Not sure how to find the

message?

"Alan" wrote:

"Brian" wrote in message
My worksheet is linked to a web query and the value of many cells

is
"#VALUE!". The message is "value used in formula is wrong data

type".
Due
the nature of the web query, I can live with this without making
changes
however I would simply like to "hide" or show a blank cell if the

cell
shows
this message. I apprectiate suggestions to do this. Thank you.