BorisS

Default using particular positions within an array

I have an array which is 12 cells long. I will need to have a variable on
the sheet which will tell me which if the last position (or ideally, first
and last positions, or super-ideally, which are the individual positions) I
need to use for a given calculation. Is there a function that will look at
the named array and within something like a SUM function, only use the points
from the array which match the positions? In other words, what is the
function that indicates a particular reference spot in an array? Thx.
--
Boris