R.VENKATARAMAN

Default Change Time in a Cell from [hh]:mm to decimal value ie 16:45 - 16.

this is the solution I found in one of these newsgsroups

for e.g. a1
47:13:00

now in B1 type
=a1*24
and then FORMAT B1 as GENERAL (or some numeric format) -Not as time

you will get
47.21666667

"Lewis" wrote in message
Here lies the problem. I'm cheap, I want to be paid for every minute that

work, I do the time cards for work and I'm using Excel to perform the
functions. I have no problem with adding and subtracting the times in

single
cells or totalling all of the time. If I come up with a person having 47
hours and 13 minutes how do I get Excel to convert 47:13 to 47.22 so that

can then multiply the 40 by hourly rate and the 7.22 by 1.5 the hourly

rate ?
--
Thank You, God Speed, and Semper Fidelis