Repeatdude

Doesn't seem to be working. Let's say I have the following "case numbers" or
"confirmation numbers":
RTG1100
RTG1101
RTG1102
HJR575
RTG1101
RTG1102
498877
235754
GYU33356
498877
There are 10 entries above, but 3 of them are repeats. How can that be
calculated? My real lists are several thousand confirmation numbers and
about 50% of them are repeats somewhere in the lists. I need a formula that
can look at an entire column and tell me how many of the confirmation numbers
are the same.

any other ideas?
"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=COUNTA(A1:A50)-SUMPRODUCT((A1:A50<"")/COUNTIF(A1:A50,A1:A50&""))

--

HTH

RP

"Repeatdude" wrote in message
I need a simple formula to count the total number of repeated text in a

list
(column). Say there is thousands of entries (confirmation numbers) both
numeric, alphabetic and alpha-numeric but many of the entries are repeats.
How can I calculate in one cell the total number of repeated instances in

the
list? And I can't sort the list, just calculate the number of repeated
instances in the list just the way it is, and the list is still growing,

so I
need the formula to be able to count all instances in the list even as

they
are being added. plz help !