giterdun

Default need to replicate insertting a row from 1 worksheet into anoth

You are the greatest thing since sliced bread! But if I do that I wind up
with a lot of cells, i.e., rows 12 - 50 with "0's" in them. Is there any way
to hide them so the spreadsheet looks cleaner? Thanks!

"pameluh" wrote:

Oh, in that case, just copy the links down to say, row 50, or however far
down you think you'll need.

"giterdun" wrote:

Thanks for the very clear response. Unfortunately, that is the part that I
already do understand. What I am having a problem with is ....here's the
senario....
"A" has 10 rows and 10 columns of data.
After linking formulas, "B" is an exact duplicate of "A".
I acquire a new client and need to list her data in row 5 of "A", which will
mean that "A" now has 11 rows of data....but "B" still only has 10 rows of
data.

I am trying to figure out a way to make "B" automatically insert a new row 5
and link the newly input data from "A". Sorry about not being clearer in my
original question, BUT thanks a bunch for your response. This is the first
time I have ever posted a question.

"pameluh" wrote:

Insert links between A and B.

Start in spreadsheet B, select a cell that has a partner in A (example: A1)

In that cell type =

Open up spreadsheet A, select the partner cell in A (for this example: A1)

Press enter

Voila! You've just created a link between spreadsheet A and spreadsheet B.

To test this, go to spreadsheet A and type something in A1, like 123456.
Then open up spreadsheet B and look at A1, it should say 123456.

The formula you created in A1 can be copied down columns and across rows
until B looks exactly like A. Then just delete the links in B that you don't
want the customers to see.

Hope this is helpful!

Pamela :)

"giterdun" wrote:

Worksheet "A" is a master inventory list for company's eyes only. Worksheet
"B" is a distribution list for public view and it is all driven by formulas
from "A"
so that I do not have to reinput the same data twice. "B" will have certain
columns and sheets hidden and is password protected. From time to time I
must enhance "A" by inserting a row within the list and adding a new client's
data. I want this row insertion and new data to also copy over to "B"
automatically. Bottom line I need any changes made to "A" to automatically
copy over into "B". Original data is easy to do, but I cannot figure out how
to make adding/deleting a column or row and the new data that is input
automatically copy over into "B".