Sloth

Default How do I add a symbol between numbers in a column?

If you only care about how your numbers look, then you can use a custom
number format with

##-###

as the type. Your cells will still contain 10011, 10012, 10013, etc. but
they will be displayed as 10-011, 10-012, 10-013, etc.

Otherwise you will have to create a temporary column with the formulas
already listed and then copy and paste special (use the edit menu, or right
click to see paste special), and select values. This will paste the result
of the formulas. You can then delete the temporary column.

"Deb" wrote:

Example: I have a column of 5 character numbers like row 1 is 10011, row 2
is 10012, row 3 is 10013, etc. I need to add a dash after the first two
characters like row 1 needs to be 10-011, row 2 needs to be 10-012, row 3
needs to be 10-013, etc. So, I need to insert a dash after the first two
digits and do this all the way down the column.

"Deb" wrote:

I have a column of numbers and I need to add a dash between the first two
numbers without having to do it manually (several thousand rows). Is it
possible?