Alan

Default How do I add a symbol between numbers in a column?

Did anyone see my original post?
Regards,
Alan.

"PCLIVE" wrote in message
Ok,

Use:

=LEFT(A1,2)&"-"&RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-2)

Once again, this assumes that your number is in column A. Use an
available column and use this formula in the same row as the number. Then
copy down and to the right as needed. Once all of your numbers are
converted, you can copy the entire area and paste (paste special-values
only) over the original data. Of course you should backup your data
first.

Regards,
Paul

"Deb" wrote in message
Example: I have a column of 5 character numbers like row 1 is 10011, row
2
is 10012, row 3 is 10013, etc. I need to add a dash after the first two
characters like row 1 needs to be 10-011, row 2 needs to be 10-012, row 3
needs to be 10-013, etc. So, I need to insert a dash after the first two
digits and do this all the way down the column.

"Deb" wrote:

I have a column of numbers and I need to add a dash between the first
two
numbers without having to do it manually (several thousand rows). Is it
possible?