K.S.Warrier

Again ,on verifying , 90° is displayed here by ALT+ 0176 & ALT+ 0186,but in
excel cell,some other symbol is seen.Similarly, for showing as power of a
number,the symbol is not displayed in the cell eventhough on the function
tab,it is shown correctly.Without the symbol it can be done as 5^2 =25(=5²).
Thank you,
KSW

"K.S.Warrier" wrote:

Hi Gord,
I have put '+' sign also after ALT as I was doing for some charactor
unicode.When I tried without '+' sign ,it worked.Thank you very much.
K.S.W

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

KS

You must enter the 0179 etc. using the NumPad on the right-side of keyboard,
NOT the number keys above qwerty.

I missed that point in my first post. Sorry about that.

For a better degrees symbol I would suggest ALT + 0176

And for the heck of it......

Sub Squared()
Selection.NumberFormat = "#,##0²"
End Sub

Sub Cubed()
Selection.NumberFormat = "#,##0³"
End Sub

Sub degrees()
Selection.NumberFormat = "#,###°"
End Sub

Gord

On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 09:12:03 -0800, "K.S.Warrier"
wrote:

Alt+0186 ,alt+0178,alt+0179 are not giving the degrees, subscript 2,subscript
3 resply.What you meant is correct regarding the expression I
intended.Whether there is difference in unicode in new version(XP),2003,2000
etc.Any more information on this.
Thanks
K.S.Warrier

"K.S.Warrier" wrote:

Thanks a lot.
K.S.Warrier

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

By "express" do you mean like 98º (degrees)

And 5² or 10³ ??

degrees is ALT + 0186

subscript 2 is ALT + 0178

subscript 3 is ALT + 0179

Others would have to be manually formatted as Subscript.

If not what you are looking for, post back or wait for other guesses.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 07:52:04 -0800, "K.S.Warrier"
wrote:

How can i express 'degrees' & power of any number in excel
Thank you,
K.S.Warrier