Sue

Default ##value error

Hi Roger,
Thanks for the ideas. Unfortunately the business is closed for the weekend
so will try to follow up on Monday afternoon. All good ideas from you and
Ron.
Thanks heaps
Sue

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi Sue

In addition to Ron's suggestions, I was also thinking about Text entries.
Are the dates in I2 true dates, or text values looking like dates?
A simple test in a blank cell of =I2+1 would resolve this, and I guess could
be carried out over the phone rather than a visit - if it's not too late!!

Regards

Roger Govier

Sue wrote:
Hi Roger,
My apologies. I presumed that as I had got no reply to my last post that I
had to start again with a new thread. Reasonably new at this. There is only
one computer that is not responding like it should as per my first posting.
The "two" is the no. of columns with the formula. I rang the people with the
problem PC and they confirmed that the date was for today based on your
suggestion.
Based on Ron's reply to this thread, I will need to travel out there and
take a visual look at what is going on.
Many thanks.
Sue

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi Sue

You would be better keeping your posting in the same thread.
That way, other people can see the answers that have been offered so far, an
prevent duplication of effort.

It sounds as though you have checked the other 2? computers (as per your
original posting) but one is till returning the error.
The date for today() is correct.
The values in I2 is definitely before today().
It is a 0 (zero) at the end of the formula, and not a capital "O"?

Your formula works absolutely fine for me, and I cannot think of other
possibilities, but others might. Hopefully the foregoing will bring others
up to speed on where we have got to thus far.

Regards

Roger Govier

Sue wrote:

Can someone please help me with an error message for the following formulas:
=IF(I2="",0,(DATEDIF(I2,TODAY(),"Y")=3)+0)
=IF(I2="",0,(DATEDIF(I2,TODAY(),"Y")<=2)+0)
It has only come up on this one computer. It's fine on all others. Have
checked the computer's date based on a suggestion but the date is correct.
Can anyone please help?
Sue