Roger Govier

Default ##value error

Hi Ron

Yes I did, and found(to my surprise) that it worked with just the single
quote in front of the date (XL2003).
However, I then also inserted a space, after the single quote, and it failed
so I thought it worthwhile suggesting that Sue tested the validity of her
date entries in I2.

Regards

Roger Govier

Ron Rosenfeld wrote:
On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 12:39:52 +0000, Roger Govier
wrote:

Hi Sue

In addition to Ron's suggestions, I was also thinking about Text entries.
Are the dates in I2 true dates, or text values looking like dates?
A simple test in a blank cell of =I2+1 would resolve this, and I guess could
be carried out over the phone rather than a visit - if it's not too late!!

Regards

Roger Govier

Did you try that?

On my system (Excel 2002), text entries that are otherwise legal dates will get
handled correctly by Sue's formulas.

--ron