B. R.Ramachandran

Default MINIF /MAXIF Or something similar

Hi,

Select the entire range (e.g., A2:D101) -- "Data" -- "Sort" -- Sort by
'Column A', check 'Ascending', Then By 'Column D', and check 'Ascending' --
"OK"

Regards,
B. R. Ramachandran

"kraljb" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with a number of stores on it. The data is such
that each store is ranked based on their sales. However, I need to
break them out into their respective Districts and am running into some
issues there, as I need to keep the current layout of the data, and need
to have the ranking numbers be dynamic once the numbers are pulled in.
The catch is, that I need to do this (if possible) with only using
Excel Formulas (No VBA).

Basically this is a sample of what I have

---A---|---B---|---C---|---D---|
DMA2 |STO1 | $400 | 5 |
DMA1 |STO2 | $700 | 2 |
DMA2 |STO3 | $500 | 4 |
DMA1 |STO4 | $300 | 6 |
DMA2 |STO5 | $800 | 1 |
DMA1 |STO6 | $600 | 3 |
DMA1 |STO7 | $250 | 7 |

I need to pull out it such that it looks like this

DMA1 |STO2 | $700 | 2 |
DMA1 |STO6 | $600 | 3 |
DMA1 |STO4 | $300 | 6 |
DMA1 |STO4 | $250 | 7 |
DMA2 |STO5 | $800 | 1 |
DMA2 |STO3 | $500 | 4 |
DMA2 |STO1 | $400 | 5 |

I already have the DMA's to Pull in Fine, however I would like to use
the following information to get the store's correctly in there...

=MINIF(Range, Condition(i.e. "DMA2"), Min_Range)
Where if it looked at the the range and pulled in only the cells that
are DMA2 to find the minimum of.

--
kraljb
kraljb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=9955