RagDyer

Default Sorting Problems

Thank you for the feed-back.

RD

"Katie59" wrote in message
Thanks, it worked perfectly!

"RagDyer" wrote:

*Unmerge* your cells and use "CenterAcrossSelection" instead.
<Format <Cells <Alignment tab,
*Uncheck* "Merge Cells",
Expand the "Horizontal" window,
And choose the last option.
--
HTH,

RD

"Katie59" wrote in message
I've been manipulating data in a speadsheet for about two weeks.
At some point, I copied an entire column, put it into Word, deleted

and
reformatted the info in that column and then split the column into

first
and
last name. The two columns were then pasted back into the original
worksheet. I need to sort the spreadsheet using various columns, but

Excel
will not allow a sort. I receive a box which states "This operation

requires
that merged cells be identically sized" I've sized the spreadsheet

several
times and both the height and width of all cells are identical, but it

still
gives me this message. Any idea of that I might be able to do?