Dave Peterson

And an excellent guess, too!

Dave Peterson wrote:

This seemed to work for me. I put the data in Sheet1, A1:A6 and

=IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(A1,Sheet1!A1:A6,0)),
INDEX(Sheet1!A1:A6,MATCH(A1,Sheet1!A1:A6,0)),
INDEX(Sheet1!A1:A6,MATCH(A1,Sheet1!A1:A6,1)+1))
(all one cell)

If it's a match, use it. If it's not a match, then find the lower number's
position and add 1--and return that one.

(I guessed an exact match should return that exact value.)

"Wayne G. Dengel" wrote:

I need means to locate the nearest nbr in column of nbrs that is GREATER
than the source nbr. (Did I say that right?) VLOOKUP finds the nearest
LOWEST.

nbr in question: 6.2
list of nbrs:
4.2
5.6
7.9
10.4
13.5
15.0

Entering 6.2, I would like to find 7.9 (NOT 5.6). Please how do I do this?

I am not experienced at Visual Basic, thus please need a detailed answer.

Thank You!

Wayne

--

Dave Peterson