ufo_pilot

Default In Excel, How can I produce a carbon copy when saving?

There may be a better / different way than this one, but here's what I've
done in the past:
original save as new book ( for others ) ( this will have the same
format already in there)

in cell A1 of that new book :
=IF([Book1]Sheet1!A1<"",[Book1]Sheet1!A1,"")
autofill into ALL cells where necessary, and maybe some extra.
this will create a link to the original and update as you change it.

"Lukas" wrote:

I have a workbook that upon saving, i wish for it to produce a carbon copy on
a shared drive for public viewing, but keep the original secure. And each
time I update the original, the version on the shared drive will be
overwritten.

I'm not sure of the best method to go about this, if it is possible, or if a
macro can be made. I am pretty good in excel, but have little experience in
creating macros.

Help!

(i'm using Microsoft Office 2000)