rmellison

Default HOW TO: Increment column by7 but row stays same into new column?

Try this in X3 and copy down.

=OFFSET($B$55,0,7*(ROW()-ROW($X$3))

Its a bit ugly, but it works! You could make it more robust by linking it to
a cell to get the required column increment.

HTH

"Laistra" wrote:

Hello!

Could you guys help me with a small problem I face at work. We got a
HUGE excel list of system reachability statistics. I have the data I
want in one row and every seventh column. How could I import this into
a new column under each other?

To try to give a simpe example:

my data is in B55 H55 N55 etc etc.. always +7
i would like to see it (by some formule so I do not have to fill in by
hand till the thousands of columns end) this way:
let X3 be B55
let X4 be H55
let X5 be N55
let X6 be T55

same way my new column increasing by one in row, and getting the info
from the 55row every seventh column. Would there be a way to make a
function of some sort to automate this, so I do not have to copy all
the thousands? Help?:S

Thank you so much for any help

huggs

Laistra