Ron Rosenfeld

Default ##value error

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 11:56:10 -0800, Sue wrote:

Can someone please help me with an error message for the following formulas:
=IF(I2="",0,(DATEDIF(I2,TODAY(),"Y")=3)+0)
=IF(I2="",0,(DATEDIF(I2,TODAY(),"Y")<=2)+0)
It has only come up on this one computer. It's fine on all others. Have
checked the computer's date based on a suggestion but the date is correct.
Can anyone please help?
Sue

Check the regional settings (Start/Control Panel/Regional and Language
settings) and be sure the date format for that setting is the same as the date
format that is being used for data ENTRY into I2.

Certain entries may look like perfectly normal dates, but if the computer
(Windows Control Panel --- NOT EXCEL) is set to a different format, it cannot
be interpreted as a date by Excel and you will get the VALUE error.

For example, 12/13/2004 is a perfectly valid date with US settings (mm/dd/yyyy)
but would be invalid with UK settings (dd/mm/yyyy) since there is no 13th
month.

--ron