Bob Phillips

Default Building Formulas

=vlookup(num_widgtes,lookup_table,2,false)

where the lookup table is structured as number in one columna, rate in the
second.

--

HTH

RP

"Shawn K" <Shawn wrote in message
I am trying to build a formula where I can have one input cell and have

the
formula look up that value in a table and provide a corresponding value.
Example: Someone is going to buy 30 widgets and there are discounted

rates
depending on the number of widgets purchased. I want to be able to put in

30
and have the formula look up that number and give me the corresponding

rate.