Roger Govier

Default Formula for markup won't change when the initial value is changed.

Hi Steve

Maybe ToolsOptionsCalcualtion and select Automatic.
It sounds as though it has been switched to Manual.
Excel foolows the rule for calcualtion as found in the first workbook opened
during that session.

Regards

Roger Govier

Steve in Eugene wrote:
[in cell k16]J16*20% [in cell L16] SUM(J16+K16)

When I change the value in j16 it the values in K and L remain unchanged???
I've used this simple formula for over 10 years w/o a problem. It seems like
excel has change the way it is recalculating (or not) the formula.
Steve in Eugene