Matt Simms

Default Alternative to multiple IF limits

Hi Duke,

Thanks for replying - I tried using the match() function before but if I was
entering 1252 for the value - I found it found the location for 1200 rather
than 1300 as we have to round up the value, and by adding 1 to the location
it caused problems if it was the exact number being searched ie. 1300 would
then return the position for 1400 - I may be doing something wrong.

"Duke Carey" wrote:

You can easily use the MATCH() function to figure out which column and which
row to use. Those two values would be arguments to the INDEX() function