Earl Kiosterud

Default Autofilter- show dates differently

Joe,

If these are true dates, the Autofilter will put the list in date order.
Are these true dates? Or text. If you temporarily do Edit - Clear -
Formats (which you can then undo), do you see numbers, like 38666? If so,
they're true dates. If you still see the dates in their original form,
they're not really dates.

Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

"lunker55" wrote in message
In my column "A", I have lots of different dates not in sequence. When I
click on my Autofilter to select a date, I want the filter to be organized
by date, not alphabetically. It makes it harder to find the exact date. Is
there a way to change this?
Thanks,
Joe