R.VENKATARAMAN

Default Filtering Data

sorry one other way ( i hope too many solutions do not confuse)
=MID(A1,5,LEN(A1))
copy this down.

"bpeltzer" wrote in message
If your data is in column A, starting in row 1, then in B2 enter the

formula
=right(a2,len(a2)-4. Autofill that formula down through the entire

column.
If you only want to keep that trimmed value, you can copy/paste special
values, then delete column A.
Once that's done, click a single cell in your table and go to Data

Filter
Autofilter. Select the drop-down in the column with the trimmed data

and
choose 'Custom'. Use the first drop-down in that dialog to select 'Does

Not
Contain' and type B in the top-right text box. Hit OK.

"koba" wrote:

Dear All

I have a problem could somebody please help?

I have a list of data and I would like to filter it buy removing the
first 4 characters

DHK-6000
DHK-6000.
DHK-6000HD
DHK-6000HDB
SZK-6001
SZK-6001.
RVK-6002
RVK-6002.

To make it look like this
6000
6000.
6000HD
6000HDB
6001
6001.
6002
6002.

As I have thousands of these I do not want to do this manually

Also once I have done this how do I filter the data so that it does not
display any data containing a "B".

Answers to either question would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Andrew

--
koba