pameluh

Default need formula to search column for a word and return another wo

Ok so that doesn't solve your problem EXACTLY, but it's damn close. You'll
have to figure out the "". I wouldn't want to do ALL the work for you. :)

"pameluh" wrote:

In the summary worksheet, in the "Item Status" column, enter this formula

=IF(Sheet1!A1="open","out",IF(Sheet1!A1="pending", "reserved","available"))

Replace Sheet1 with the name of the assets worksheet (tab)
Replace A1 with the cell that you want it to look at on the assets worksheet

Pamela :)

"Skyline" wrote:

I have a multi-worksheet workbook where the 1st worksheet is an assets
summary page and the other worksheets are for tracking individual assets.
Each row of the individual asset worksheet represent an asset request. A
column on the assets worksheet titled "order status" will have one of three
inputs for each request: "Open", "Pending", or "Complete". On the summary
worksheet, each row represents an individual asset. There is a column on the
summary worksheet titled "Item Status". I need a formula to look at the
asset worksheet "Order Status" column. If it finds "Open", it returns "Out"
in cell. If it does not find "Open", but finds "Pending", it returns
"Reserved". If it do not find "Open" or "Pending", it return "Available".
If it doesn't find anything in the first cell of the row it returns "".