Dave Peterson

Default How to change date from US to UK format

I find it much safer to reimport the data from the original source.

(Then I can sleep better at night <bg.)

Bryan Hessey wrote:

Thanks Dave, that's what I would have suspected (as per my comments)

If the incorrect dates can be identified (ie, original 'Dates', or all
have Month and Day < 13) then they can be cured with something like

=MONTH(A1)&"/"&DAY(A1)&"/"&YEAR(A1)
or
=DAY(A1)&"/"&MONTH(A1)&"/"&YEAR(A1)

but, identifying is the problem.

Dave Peterson Wrote:
Before you celebrate, you may want to format that column of dates to an
unambiguous format:

mmmm dd, yyyy

Then compare some of the birthdates to the original source.

If someone's birthdate we 01/02/03, it may look like a valid date
after you
imported it, but it might not be the real date (Jan 2, 2003, Feb 1,
1903)

martin0642 wrote:

Thank you!!! It worked. You saved me a LOT of retyping!! Thanks

again
:)

--
martin0642