Harlan Grove

"Matt Brown via OfficeKB.com" wrote...
This is not easy to explain:

Maybe not, but the formula makes it clear.

=SUMPRODUCT(--(((RANGEA1:A10="V8")+(RANGEB1:B10="MUSTANG")
+(RANGEC1:C10="FORD"))0),--(RANGED1:D10)

Using '+' to combine criteria is the same as OR, so the formula above sums
RANGED1 for all records in which RANGEA is V8, RANGEB is Mustang and RANGEC
is Ford. If all your V8s are Mustangs, this would give the total price of
all Mustangs.

If the engine size in Column A happens to be V8 and the Model of vehicle
in Column B happens to be Mustang I get a price of all Mustang vehicles.

Is there a way of saying ignore Mustang and just give me a price of all
V8 engines?

=SUMIF(A1:A10,"V8",D1:D10)