bpeltzer

Default Footage to seconds (# to mm:ss).

If the number of feet is in A2, then =A2/1.66666666/(24*60*60)
Divide by 1.6666 to get to seconds, then divide by 24*60*60 to get fractions
of a day, since Excel equates the number 1 to a day. Then just format,
number, custom h:mm:ss.

"a_dunn69" wrote:

I was wondering if anyone might be so kind as to help me with a formula.
I currently have 1000s of film items entered on a spreadsheet with
length indicated by number of feet. I know that each 1.66666666 feet is
worth one second of running time. Is there a way to just apply a formula
and have results displayed as mm:ss rounded to the nearest second?
AD

--
a_dunn69
a_dunn69's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28680