Paul Sheppard

Default Filtering Data

koba Wrote:
Dear All

I have a problem could somebody please help?

I have a list of data and I would like to filter it buy removing the
first 4 characters

DHK-6000
DHK-6000.
DHK-6000HD
DHK-6000HDB
SZK-6001
SZK-6001.
RVK-6002
RVK-6002.

To make it look like this
6000
6000.
6000HD
6000HDB
6001
6001.
6002
6002.

As I have thousands of these I do not want to do this manually

Also once I have done this how do I filter the data so that it does not
display any data containing a “B”.

Answers to either question would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Andrew

Hi Andrew

To get rid of the four right hand characters, and assuming your data to
be in column A, in Column B put this formula,
=MID(A12,(SEARCH("-",A12)+1),7), where the last 7 is the maximum number
of characters in any cell in column A

To filter out those that contain be, do a custom filter, select does
not contain and put B in the adjacent box

--
Paul Sheppard

Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24783
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=483692