Anne Troy

Default Aggregating data

Hi, Chris. I've got a few hundred hours, tho not piloting. :)
If it were me, I'd be looking at getting all the records into one worksheet,
then working with it from there. Consider a macro that dumps the records out
to individual sheets: http://vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=318
(which you could delete after printing). Consider pivot tables, yes, but I
hate them myself. Have you considered using Access which has much friendlier
built-in reporting capability.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"pilotdata" wrote
in message ...

Hello All:

I've already found a great deal of help reading the archives, but I'm
now stuck with a structural issue. I am building a spreadsheet to
track recurring training requirements for each of the pilots in my
corporate flight operation. This is my first attempt at vba and I'm
stuck in a few spots. I have one sheet for each pilot with a list of
training requirements on each. The last training date is entered for
each requirement and the sheet calculates the next due date for each of
15 training requirements based on different variables.

My largest problem is creating a report sheet that aggregates all of
the data, with all of the pilots, training requirements, and due dates
grouped by month and sorted by due date. Should I be feeding all of
the data into one sheet & then using a pivot table? If so, how do I
get the data all together when I don't know before hand how many sheets
I'll have? Should I be using filters, a macro, or a pivot table to do
what I want? Should I be structuring the entire project differently?
Currently, there are 8 pilots but the solution needs to be flexible
enough to accommodate additional pilots (hence additional sheets)and
additional training requirements. Any help is greatly appreciated &
I'll be happy to email my latest file for review (it doesnt look like i
can attach it to this post).

Thanks!
Chris

--