Bill Ridgeway

Default Excel XP/2003 - Fields in Headers/Footers...

Ah, yes. I overlooked that point!

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

"Birmangirl" wrote in message
Thanks for the prompt response Bill. I believe that this solution will
only
work in a cell, NOT in a header/footer, which is what I need to do.

For the date, I think I would type "Last Saved On " followed by clicking
the
Date button on the header/footer toolbar, which I believe defaults to the
date last saved.
For the user, I may have to write a macro that copies & pastes the Author
data from the Properties dialog box into a custom header/footer...

Unless someone else can think of a simpler solution?

TIA
Amanda

"Bill Ridgeway" wrote:

Click on -
<Format<Cells<Custom
In 'Type' enter -
"Last saved Date_"dd/mm/yyyy

In the actual cell enter =today()

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

"Birmangirl" wrote in message
In addition to the buttons on the Header/Footer toolbar (such as
&[File]),
is
it possible to add other fields: the equivalent of Word field codes
really?
I'd like to include specifically "Last Saved By" and "Last Saved Date",
but
pointers to otherf fields would, of course, be really helpful.

Thanks in advance
Amanda