Paul628

Default CANT SAVE TOOLBAR CHANGES EXCEL 2003)

CANT SAVE EXCEL 2003 TOOLBARS

I have added a new custom toolbar to a new Excel 2003 worksheet and saved
the worksheet. But when I re-open the saved worksheet, the new toolbar is
gone. And, if I click on VIEW | TOOLBARS it is not there either.

Also, when I open ANY old / existing document and change any toolbar, the
next time I open the document, the changes are gone.

For example, if I assign a different macro to one of the custom buttons on
an existing toolbar, when I re-open the document the new assignment is lost
and it always goes back to the old / original assignment.

I have been creating and modifying toolbars and assigning macros to custom
toolbar buttons for years. I am an experienced programmer. None of my other
copies of Excel 2003 (on several other computers) give me this type of
problems. I am extremely frustrated by this.

Could there be a hidden system setting that might be preventing this
installation of Excel from saving the changes that I make to toolbars?

Please help.

PS: In addition to replying to this bulletin board, it would be most
helpful if you would also send a copy directly to my email address (paul628
at concentric dot net) because I might not be able to re-find this bulletin
board.

Email address: Paul628 at concentric dot net

PS: OK to call me at home on 908-630-0406

--
Paul6238 (Email paul628 at concentric dot net)