Gary''s Student

Default Incrementing Mixed text & numbers

If you format A1:

Format Cells... Number Custom "MWI"000Z

then the cells will appear as you want and you can still increment normally:

=A1+1 in A2, etc.
--
Gary's Student

"Janet T" wrote:

Folks I'm designing a spreadsheet to hold log-on numbers for temporary
workers. The format of the numbers is MWI***Z, where *** is a 3-digit
number. Is there any way I can use an increment function to automatically
complete a long list of numbers eg MWI001Z, MWI002Z, without having to type
them all in. I've tried using the fill handle, but it doesn't work on this -
presumably because its a mix of letters and numbers.
Thanks for any help.
Janet