George

Default Counting based on other cells contents...

Hi,

I'm after a (fairly) complicated formula here. I have two three columns I'm
interested in. Column 1 contains three different values ("CGF","GGF","SGF"),
column 2 contains "Yes"/"No" and column 3 contains "Pass"/"Fail".

I'd like to count the number of times in the first column ($C:$C as I don't
know how many entries there are) for each value (GGF,CGF,SGF) that have a
"No" in column 2 as well.

I've tried This:

=COUNT(IF(($C:$C="GGF")&($D:$D="No"),1,0))

but with no luck.

Can anyone give me any pointers as to where I'm going wrong? I didn't want
to have to put a hidden column in as I believe Excel can achieve what I want
without the need for hidden columns.

Once I have this formula licked I should be able to translate it to cope
with each column 1 value, and the "Pass"/"Fail" values as well.

Thanks
George