Lee Bowman

Default There may be a simple answer ...

Like everyone, I frequently do a spreadsheet with formulas. A
typical, simple case would be several columns (J,K,L)totaled in
another column (M), and a running total in column (N). These could be
invoices, for example, and column (A) would be successive invoice
numbers. I may have cases where two invoices erroneously had the same
number, so one was renamed (10582 becomes 10582b).

I am currently setting up a spreadsheet where invoices are being so
inputted from a prior manual system. I initially set up the sheet
with successive invoice numbers in the first column. If I need to add
a renegade invoice (by 'inserting' a new line), the new line has no
formulas in it (columns M and N)! I can copy them there manually, but
that takes time, and could result in an error if not done properly or
if I forget.

Bottom line: why don't the formulas copy automatically into the
inserted line??

I have Excel 2000, build 9.0.6926 SP-3.

Many thanks,
Lee Bowman