Dorn

Default Need help creating a formula to summarize data!

Hello kind excel guru's!

I am trying to summarize data a receive from another program that exports to
Microsoft excel. The company I work for has about 150 employees, the program
that tracks their hours exports the information into the format on sheet one
of the following workbook:

http://www.savefile.com/files/4788638

I want to get an easy to implement function that will extract the number of
hours per employee per day which is located in the cell to the right of the
cell labeled "Total Hours" which is on a row with the date that the number of
hours corresponds with. The problem I'm having is that each employee logs in
and out of our phone system (the phone system is where the program that
tracks hours gets its data) a varrying number of times per day. Also if an
employee doesn't come in during a day then there won't be any data. Can
anyone think of a way that I can do this? A macro might be more appropriate,
any suggestions would help!