Pete

Default Upgrade From 97 to 2002

I'd rather not uninstall XP as I went through a lot of problems when I
upgraded, and since Xp was an upgrade, I would need 97 there to reinstall the
upgrade. I tried Gord's suggestions, but either I misfired somewhere or
there's more to it. If you send me an excel file it will open in 2002. If I
try to open from StartPrograms I get 97. I'm not going there from a shortcut.

Any other thoughts?

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Do you want office97 on your pc anymore?

If not, I think I would uninstall office XP, uninstall office 97 and then
reinstall office xp.

If you want both installed...

If you're starting excel by double clicking on a .xls file (say in windows
explorer), then I bet Gord's suggestion will work nicely for you.

But if you're starting excel by doubleclicking a shortcut to excel, make sure
that shortcut points to the correct excel.exe (xl2002 version) (check the
complete path in the shortcut).

Pete wrote:

A few years ago I upgraded from Office 97 to Office XP. I raely use Excel and
when I open it, it shows as Office 97. My other Office applications all seem
to be OK. Why didn't Excel upgrade and how can I correct?

--

Dave Peterson