Dan B

Default Protect Workbook vs Worksheet??

Hi,

I'm using Excel 2003. I need to know what the purpose of Protect Workbook
is under Tools | Protection. It gives 2 options, protect workbook for
Structure and Windows.

I understand the options and functionality under Protect Worksheet, and I
thought that the Protect Workbook option would do the same for the whole
workbook instead of individual worksheets.

When trying this out, I protected a workbook, saved it, but was still able
to edit it and resave without having to put in a password or even unprotect
it.

So, what does Protect Workbook do and what are the Structure and Windows
options for.

Thanks,

Dan